[SECC] 160 QRM

Subject: [SECC] 160 QRM
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Mon Mar 3 20:56:45 2003
I saw several instances of stations trying to QRM KC1XX and N2RM on 160.
They were transmitting around 1860 to 65 and listening down. W4MYA and W3GH
report the same problems in the CQ 160 SSB.  Guess the QRMers can't copy CW
as they did not show
for the CQ 160 CW.

Several years ago I was running stations on 1895 when a station broke in and
said I was QRMing their WAS net on 1892.  The station said he would report
me to the Contest Director at CQ ...but I cut him off saying I was the
director!.  I did move up 600Hz but don't these people realize that they
fastest way to work WAS on 160 is to operate one or both sections of the CQ
160.  In 1994 when I won the Zone 4 plaque I worked all 50 states!!! (and
twenty plus DXCC countries.  I was second in Georgia to SECCer K4EA
operating K4JPD who was the overall USA winner.

73 Dave K4JRB