[SECC] Stupid Question - Where to point Beam?

Subject: [SECC] Stupid Question - Where to point Beam?
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Tue Apr 1 22:09:55 2003
On 4/1/03 7:47 PM, Jeff at w4dd@arrl.net wrote:

>When I only had a short tower, I had to make do with a simple dipole as the
>2nd antenna.  Now that the tower is a little taller (70ft), the second
>antenna fixed SE sure makes the slower times more productive.  A simple 3 el
>beam does nicely

I agree! After using the arrangement at NQ4I's on 20m/15m/10m, the short
beam pointing around 160-170 degrees is great! Allows you to pick up
those carribean / south american stations without having to turn anything.

Unfortunately, it isn't really an option with a 50 foot tower.

Hmm. Maybe I could feed the boom or something....

            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901