[SECC] [Fwd: 2003 GA QSO Party]

Subject: [SECC] [Fwd: 2003 GA QSO Party]
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Mon Apr 14 14:45:53 2003
Hello all

Please note these suggestions from W9WUU from our GQP this past
weekend.  I think his suggestion for contacting again fixed stations on
the second day isn't practical.  Besides which, we will be considering
changing it to a one-day event.  (Note however that it would be almost
impossible ever to work nearly all counties in a contest if we do so and
it would seem to me that it might cut down interest in the out-of-state
mobiles in coming into GA for GQP if it is only one day.  In the past we
have had W5WMU from LA, W3DYA from TX, KN4Y and maybe others from FL, in
addition to K4MUT from MD and NY4N from TN who were here this time.)

George certainly makes a valid point that we need more fixed and
portable stations active in GQP.  No doubt the real fun is in going
mobile, but not too many of us are taking advantage of that opportunity,
so I'd hope anyone who can't would at least put the home station on the
air.

I'll try to get out a report later on our mobile activity, but I'm
pretty QRL right at this moment.

73,

John, K4BAI.