[SECC] KU8E/M FQP - Rover CW Only

Subject: [SECC] KU8E/M FQP - Rover CW Only
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Apr 28 10:37:29 2003
 Hi All...

 Here are some preliminary numbers for the KU8E/M team (KU8E,W8UE ops) :

County  40      20      15      10
-------------------------------------
HAM     1       21
SUW             44      1
MAD     2       29
JEF             26
LEO             41
WAK             25
TAY             44
LAF     2       32      1
DIX             37
LEV     3       17      1
GIL     1       51
CLM     2       69      5
UNI     5       37
BAK     2       14
NAS     5       13
DUV     3       16
CLA     14      7
BRA     12      6
PUT             12      1
STJ             23
FLG             37
VOL             48      5
SEM             34      2
ORA             44      23
OSC             33      14
POL             41      21
HIL             25      5       1
PAS             43      3
HER             40      9
CIT             44      9
SUM             18      9
LAK             39      16
MAO             65      9
ALC             51      7

Totals  52      1126    141     1

Total QSO's     1320

 We ended up doing CW only. It was too time consuming to QSY to SSB with the
way the antennas were tuned. Maybe we can figure this all out by next year.

 Condx were bad the first day for us. It improved on Sunday and really picked
up when we got further south in the state down by Orlando. We really didn't
make many 15 meter QSO's until late Sunday afternoon.

Most interesting moment was passing K4FCG/m on I-4 in the Tampa area. We
acually spotted each other going in opposite directions !!! We then worked each
other on 20/15/10 real quick...  I though we passed someone else in a black SUV
with a bunch of antennas up in the panhandle as well ????

This was definitely a learning experience for us this time. (learning the
propagation etc...) Ted and I really had fun and this will probably be a yearly
thing for me from now on !!!

BTW ... congrats to the N4TO and K4FCG teams.... great numbers from those guys
!!!

                          73's Jeff KU8E