[SECC] This weekend's contests

Subject: [SECC] This weekend's contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu Mar 4 10:13:35 2004
Hello all.  This weekend's big contest, of course, is the ARRL DX SSB
Contest.  But there are some RTTY contests and a Digital contest, as well.

1.  ARRL DX SSB.  The world works US and VE.  KH6 and KL7 count as DX.
Exchange is RS plus state/province for the home side and RS plus power
output for DX.  160 - 10 M SSB only.  48 hours, 00 UTC Sat to 24 UTC
Sunday.  http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2004/intdx.html.

2.  Makrothen RTTY Contest.  10 UTC Sat to 0959 UTC Sun.  RTTY only on
20 through 10 M.  Exchange 4 character grid square (for example, I would
send EM72).  http://www.qsl.net/dk3vn/TMC_Rules.html.

3.  Open Ukraine RTTY Championship.   Two periods:  22 UTC Sat to 0159
UTC Sun and 08 UTC Sun to 1159 UTC Sun.  RTTY only on 160 through 10 M.
Exchange:  2 ltr region abbrev (for UR, I guess) or
state/prov/canton/etc. + serial number.
http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/openukrainertty.txt.

4.  DARC (Germany) 10-Meter Digital Contest.  11 UTC to 17 UTC Sunday.
Modes:  RTTY, Amtor, Clover, PSK31, Pactor.  Exchange RST + serial
number.  http://www.darc.de/referate/dx/cqdlcont/0410mdigitalcorona.htm.

Hope everyone has fun and a lot of contacts this weekend.  I will be in
Macon Friday night, so I will get a late start and will put in a
part-time effort in ARRL DX SSB SOHPAB.  Don't forget to show SECC as
your club as there is a club aggregate score competition.

73,

John, K4BAI.