[SECC] Club Business

Subject: [SECC] Club Business
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:16:24 -0400
On 14 Apr 2005 at 12:08, Schulz Jonathan wrote:

> For my peace of mind and to avoid Ed's sarcasm in the future, I am copying
> Dan Henderson with this email, he can tell us both if it's ok or not. What
> say Dan?

<snip>

> I'm sure there may be some that are questioning what a Yankee is sticking
> his nose in "our" business. Over the last year I've operated from SECC
> stations 5 times and will probably continue to do so a few times a year,
> (Maybe even for SS sometime?) so I feel like I belong a little bit.

Yes, Jon, I would have questioned that had you not qualified yourself
by identifying that you had op'd from SECC stations.  You do that,
you feel like you belong, then in my book you do.

BUT...

I do not think you should have CC'd N1ND for an opinion.  If the club
decides that it needs such an opinion, then it should be done
officially via an officer or a representative approved by the
membership.  That's my opinion.

Further, I have always had concerns about the club conducting
business in public.  We have subscribers to the SECC reflector who
are members of the TN and FL clubs, and I'm sure some more that just
monitor the activity here.  The club *does* do its business here on
the reflector by design, but I question the prudence of having the
reflector open to "non-members".

Again, Jon, this is not personal against you...like I say, as far as
I'm concerned, you belong.  Just a general observation.

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, Georgia

"Have Dobro Will Travel"