[SECC] CQ WW RTTY AA4LR SOAB HP

Subject: [SECC] CQ WW RTTY AA4LR SOAB HP
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:29:13 -0400
On Sep 28, 2005, at 9:40 AM, <ku8e at bellsouth.net>
<ku8e at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> A pet peeve I have with N1MM Logger is not much though went into
> tracking multipliers and who you worked on different bands. Plus..
> there are no real after contest reports to run after the contest. I
> am just using it because I'm too cheap to buy Writelog and NA and
> CT usually provides the features I am interested in anyway. I will
> say that N1MM works nice with MMTTY. You can use the F keys/buttons
> on your logging screens to store and send the exchanges..

I've tried MMTTY out on the Windows laptop. CocoaModem on the Mac
just works better for RTTY signals. Chen has put a lot of time into
tweaking the modem algorithms.

What I'd like to do is get on the stick with the Mac contest software
I've had on my GUP (Great Unfinished Projects) list for years now.
CocoaModem would be a part of it. (Chen has been generous enough to
share his sources)

> Wish I could of spent more time in the contest...  I started
> building the TX interface on Friday night after work. I thought I
> had more NPN switching transistors laying around in the parts box
> but came up one short. Had to run to Radio Shack on Saturday
> morning. Unfortunately the closest one is 20 miles away in
> Columbus. I finally got fired up on Saturday night...

It's nice to have a pretty full junk box. I get tickled when I can
build something entirely out of parts I already own.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901