[SECC] Planned Phone SS Activity

Subject: [SECC] Planned Phone SS Activity
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:40:04 -0500
Hi Rick:

40 is definitely a possibility propagation wise.  I have worked VY1JA on
40 SSB.  I don't ever remember working a KL7 on 40 SSB in SS.  I did,
however, work KL7WV in SS CW.  20 M is probably a better bet, although
South Carolina and Mississippi can be hard from here.  If I were going
to do it single band, I'd make it 20.  But, I want to do it all band and
make as many QSOs as possible.  I particularly enjoy working the new ops
and casual ops and encouraging them to operate contests.  You don't run
into many of them on CW, and when you do in a contest on CW, they may
try your patience.  On SSB, generally you can have a pleasant exchange
even with a "newbie" and move on.  I always answer any QSL cards
received the next day after receipt to further encourage the newer ops
(or some of the older ops returning after retirement or whatever).  73,
John, K4BAI.