[SECC] N4NX ARRL 160 Sgl Op - LP

Subject: [SECC] N4NX ARRL 160 Sgl Op - LP
From: billn4nx at alltel.net (Bill Barr)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 22:40:00 -0000
                   ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N4NX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 238  Sections = 70  Countries = 6    Total Score = 37,544

Equipment:  FT100MP - 100 watts ---  shunt loaded tower 90'  with only 3 short
radials.
                   sometimes used transmit for receive and sometimes a EWE ( 15
feet up, 40 feet over and 15 feet down )

Comments:  most all of the 7 hours of operation was Friday night and sunrise on
Saturday.  Got all multipliers except one in the first 5 hours of operation.
Thanks to SECC member Bill, K4XS for the only new mult worked on Saturday night
( WCF ) for #70.   Best DX was OK1RF.  I had to call him many times but he
finally heard my 100 watts.  I was amazed at all the good ears out there that
picked me out of the noise.

BTW-   Bill K4XS, You were very loud when I called you on Saturday night.  I
remember since I needed WCF.  Loud and Clean!

73
Bill N4NX