[SECC] Monitor size

Subject: [SECC] Monitor size
From: k9ay at k9ay.com (K9AY)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 10:10:38 -0600
> Does anyone in the club use a 19" (or larger)  computer monitor for
> contesting?  Is it worth the extra expense vs a 17" monitor?
> Greg K4NO

I use a 17" LCD and can't imagine needing anything bigger.

> In a contest, there are just too many windows which need to be open.
>73 Ed (K4SB)

99.9% of the time, I use only the Writelog screen -- I've never even
bothered to figure out how to use packet. If I need additional screens for
grayline or other operating aids, I run them on a separate machine rather
than opening another window on the same monitor. My station control (band
decoders, SO2R) is all hard-wired to fit my operating style.

73, Gary
K9AY