[SECC] Re AA4LR comment on a claim jumper

Subject: [SECC] Re AA4LR comment on a claim jumper
From: w4nti at mindspring.com (Dan/W4NTI)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:17:09 -0600
I like to run about 500 cycles on CW initially.  Then I drop in a single 250
cycle in conjunction with the 2000 filter.  And if it gets close I'll go 250
cycles and adjust the shift and notch to narrow it down some more.  Works
fine except you miss those that can't get on frequency.

On RTTY I don't contest.  But I do operate digital modes.  On RTTY I find
setting the Mark to 1000 in the program will allow me to put in the 500
cycle CW filter.  Works quite well indeed.

In PSK I run straight 250 cycle filters.  Nothing bothers me.   But I
understand some rigs can't do these things,  such as running the cw filters
in phone mode.  If so,  use your shift and width in combination to sharpen
things up.

Dan/W4NTI