[SECC] Re AA4LR comment on a claim jumper

Subject: [SECC] Re AA4LR comment on a claim jumper
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 23:25:38 -0500
On Jan 30, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Dan/W4NTI wrote:

> Don't feel special.   W2GD did it to me twice after I had been on a
> good
> run.  Takes all kinds I reckon.

I can understand being a bit firm on a frequency your using, and not
let the QRM intimidate you. But this chasing guys around stuff was
weird. It was easier to find another frequency entirely.

I left the K2/100 in 400 Hz mode the whole test, with the DSP using a
500 Hz filter to clean up the sides a bit. I could get in quite close
to people without them bothering me. My only worry was that people
tuning by might feel I was too close to another station to bother
contacting me....

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901