[SECC] GQP suggestion--LoTW- How to do it!!

Subject: [SECC] GQP suggestion--LoTW- How to do it!!
From: billn4nx at alltel.net (Bill Barr)
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 10:48:48 -0400
Gang,

You can upload files and show the county of operation even if different than
your home county, but you must establish another Station Location in the
TQSL module of LoTW.  This is really easy.  Then you must electronically
sign your Uploaded log using that location vs. your home location.  As an
example I have a N4NX-Home station location and  N4NX-White as a station
location.  If you upload your log and sign with your usual call, the
confirming record will show the grid square and county of your home location
NOT the county you were actually operating from!!!

By the way, I uploaded my GQP log with 804 QSOs and as of last night I
already had 64 confirming LoTW QSLs.  If any of you have uploaded your logs
and confirmed me you will see that the confirming details show me in WHITE
County as opposed to my normal Fulton County.

Several of my GQP LoTW QSLs are with DX ( CU2JT for one ).   With the advent
of WAS already being accepted via LoTW I think we should all be uploading
our logs to LoTW to aid all of those chasing the various WAS band options.
This should certainly improve participation in future GQPs. I have received
several Thank You emails from those who have used my LoTW QSOs for Georgia
Credit!

73
Bill N4NX