[SECC] [SEDXC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00

Subject: [SECC] [SEDXC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00
From: ku8e at bellsouth.net (ku8e at bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:43:42 -0400
 JT..

For around $500 you would be looking at something that would be early 1990's
and probably
not a computer controlled radio. Some examples :

Kenwood : TS830S
Icom : IC7** models
Yaesu : FT7** models

You also might look at some of the first generation mobile rigs that came out
about 5 -6 years
ago Kenwood TS-50 , Icom 706 , Yaesu FT-100. These are not hardcore contest
quality but they
are OK. Plus most of these models also have 6/2/440 on them if you are
interested in VHF/UHF.

If you can move up to the $700-$1000 range there are plenty of nice contest
quality rigs :
Kenwood : TS850S, TS930S, TS940S
Icom 765 746
Yaesu 9** series