[SECC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00

Subject: [SECC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00
From: roger.hoeft at intergraph.com (Hoeft, Roger V)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:21:15 -0500
JT,

I have a Kenwood TS-830S and it has been my only rig for over 20 years.  I'm
just a wires-only contestor, but I have been happy with its tx and rx
performance in both NAQPs and DX type contests.  It's affordable and very
reliable.  To date, the only thing I've had to replace has been the filter
caps.  From what I understand, there are a number of mods available for the rig
as well.

You should be able to find one on the web or at a swap meet within your price
range.

73,

Roger ...
KA9EKJ