[SECC] [SEDXC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00

Subject: [SECC] [SEDXC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00
From: jt.w6fo at gmail.com (JT Croteau)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 14:40:21 -0400
On 8/29/06, K9AY <k9ay at k9ay.com> wrote:
> TenTec Omni V can be good if updated.  I know a couple DXers who absolutely
> adore their old Corsairs.  Avoid the Paragon.

I had a Paragon up until lightning destroyed it a few months ago
starting my frustrations and bad luck cycle with radio this year.  It
was ok but the Corsair II I had about 8 years ago was a much better
rig.  Ideally, I'd love an Omni VI+ but this is way out of my league
at the moment.

> Some of the "lesser rigs" have performed well for their owners.

One "lesser rig" that doesn't seem to get mentioned very often is the
IC-718.  One member on here recommended the rig and, from the
reasearch I have done thus far, it seems to be quite a capable little
rig.

- JT