[SECC] [SEDXC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00

Subject: [SECC] [SEDXC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00
From: jt.w6fo at gmail.com (JT Croteau)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:18:03 -0400
Thanks for all the comments on this subject.

I may save up for something a bit closer to the $800 range as it looks
like nice TS-940SAT's can be had for for $750ish.  I am also
considering a TS-570 flavor as these seem to be quite rugged and used
on small DXpeditions frequently.

However, one of you is also tempting me with a really nicely
configured TS-820 station for a great price.

Surprisingly, most of you appear to be recommending Kenwood rigs.
Although there have been some nice Yaesu and Icom suggestions.  I
myself have always been a Ten-Tec person first, Yaesu second, and
Kenwood third.

Thanks again.

- JT