[SECC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00

Subject: [SECC] Rig Recommendations for ~$500.00
From: w4qo at amsat.org (Jim Stafford)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:41:15 -0400
JT,

I just opened up eHam.net classifieds and right near the top is a YAESU
FT-840.  This is a fairly contemparary radio:

http://www.eham.net/classifieds/detail/210441

gigaparts shows it as discontinued but it's still on the web site so not
gone long.

http://www.gigaparts.com/store.php?action=profile&sku=ZYS-FT-840

and it has computer control!

--
Jim Stafford W4QO Roswell, GA USA
Past President-QRP ARCI & #6515  www.qrparci.org

QRP: When you care enough to use the very least!