[SECC] GQP re-defined

Subject: [SECC] GQP re-defined
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:47:53 -0500
I think I mentioned this before but didn't hear back any
comments.

Why not make NQ4I (or W4AN - if they use that call) as the
official club station of the GQP
sponsor, which is the SECC. You would get bonus points every
time you work them.
I think they do something like this in the PA QSO party.

I have no problem if Rick's station does M/M in GQP. The
more fixed stations that are on from
GA the better.>>

Unless the goal is to make it a single station contest, it
just makes no sense at all. Why would I get on with a dipole
and 100W if someone with all the advantage in the world over
me had a further unwarranted advantage of being worth "extra
points"??

Let's think about the little guy for a change in at least
one contest. This entire topic shows a total lack of
sensitivity to people who just want to have some small
contest where they have a chance to shine against the big
guns.

ME/M's should just stay in the ten or so contests they
dominate all year and leave the small QSO parties for normal
stations to enjoy.

73 Tom