[SECC] GQP Rover thoughts and two questions

Subject: [SECC] GQP Rover thoughts and two questions
From: scottstraw at mindspring.com (Scott Straw)
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 13:21:36 -0500 (EST)
Esteemed Elmers,

I've pasted the list into Excel and sorted it based on total (lack of) activity
over the past three years.  I've also  downloaded a GDOT map of interstates
that shows county names, and highlighted the "top 32" no or low activity
counties as reflected in the sort.  My first inclination is to make
reservations at a B&B in Chattooga County, but my XYL may steer me to Rabun
County instead.  The good news is that so far, she is "along for the ride."
Keep your coaxes crossed!

I have a general contesting question and a point of clarification regarding the
rules...

Generally speaking, if an unlicensed operator, say a spouse, child, or
neighbor, assists you during a contest, do you become a multi-operator
contestant?  Does the level of involvement matter?  (Obviously this is
exclusive of driving a rover as that has been addressed in the GQP rules.)

Clarification please:

The GQP Rules regarding multipliers are listed below.  In the HTML coding at
the web site, rule 7.0.1 has the words BAND and MODE in BOLD indicating a
change in the rules.  In rule 7.1.1 the words MODE is in BOLD.  I don't see any
reference to band multipliers in 7.2.5 or 7.3.1.  Does this mean I can work a
fixed GA station using PH on all 7 bands, but he only counts once as a
multiplier?

7. SCORING

   1. Stations may be worked once per BAND per MODE.  For QSOs with GA Rovers,
also per county.
   2. QSO Points.
   3. Each complete Phone contact counts one point.
   4. Each complete CW contact counts two points.
   5. No cross-mode contacts allowed.
   6. No partial contact credit.
   7. DX counts for QSO points only, there are no country multipliers.  Use
"DX" in the exchange.

7.1 Multipliers.

   1. A multiplier may be counted once per MODE.

7.2 Georgia stations:

   1. Each USA state and DC, including Georgia (51).
   2. (For GA to GA QSOs, enter counties in the exchange, you will get credit
for GA state.)
   3. Each Canadian Province (13).
   4. DX contacts count for QSO points, but do not count for multipliers.
(Please enter DX in the exchange.)
   5. 64 state/Provinces X 2 Modes = 128 Multipliers possible

7.3 Non-Georgia stations:

   1. 159 (county) multipliers  X 2 Modes  = 318 Multipliers possible
   2. Georgia Rover stations, when they change county, may be worked as a new
contact.
   3. A Rover contact counts for points if the QSO is not duplicated on same
band and same mode.
   4. A Rover contact counts for multiplier credit if the QSO is a new county
on that mode.

I'm not trying to bust anyones' chops; I'm just curious (or maybe ignorant).

Scott
KB4KBS