[SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests

Subject: [SECC] Claimed Scores, Last Week's Contests; This Week's Contests
From: k4bai at worldnet.att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:19:18 -0400
Claimed Score, Last Week's Contsts:

1.  Manchester Maneira All American CW Contest
W4NBS  165  62  30,318  SOABLP     __  AL  ACG
K4EA    98  44  15,356  SOSB/15HP   4  GA  SECC
N4GG    60  22   3,674  SOABHP     __  GA  SECC  SO2R

2.  His Majesty King of Spain CW Contest
K4EA    56  33   2,970  SOSB/15HP   4  GA  SECC
N4GG    44  29   2,146  SOABHP     __  GA  SECC

3.  May Flying Pigs QRP Club Run for the Bacon
K4BAI   46  32   3,776  SO5WQRP   1:45 GA  SECC

4.  May NAQCC  Handkey/Bug Sprint
K4BAI   57  25   5,400  SO5WQRP   2.0  GA  SECC

Had a great time in Dayton with the contesters, DXers, and QRPers
mainly.  Came in third in the KCDXC CW pileup competition, using a
laptop to compete on for the first time.  Dan Street, K1TO, came by my
house Wednesday and fixed my TH6DXX.  Hooray!  I have been without it
since early January.  Dan is now in the tower/antenna erection and
repair business and lives in Myakka City, FL.  However, he travels and
likes to get clusters of hams to work with in a geographic area.

This week's contests:

1.  SNS NA Sprint Practice Thursday night local, 0200-0215Z Friday.  40
and 80M CW.  Maximum power 100 W.  Maximum speed 22 WPM. Dupes OK after
band change or one intervening QSO.  1 kHz QSY rule.  Exchange:  both
calls, #, name, SPC.

2.  NCCC NA Sprint Practice.  Special run with no same band dupes
permitted.  So the rules will be very much like the regular NA Sprints
except for the power limit to 100W.  0230-0259Z Friday (Thursday night
local).  1 kHz QSY rule.  20, 40, 80M CW.  Around 040 kHz on each band.
  Exchange:  both calls, #, name, SPC.

3.  Baltic Contest.  21Z Sat to 02Z Sun.  80M CW/SSB.  Exchange:  RS(T)
+ Serial #. Work anyone.  More points for QSOs with Baltic (ES, LY, YL
stations).  Frequencies:  3510-3600 CW; 3600-3650 and 3700-3750 SSB.

4.  Bill Windle QSO Party.  This is an "open" operating event sponsored
by the First Class Operators Club.  Open to all.  Center frequency
around 25 kHz up on each band.  160-UHF CW (ecept WARC bands).  24 hours
of Saturday UTC.  Minimum exchange:  RST, Name, FOC # if you have one.
If you have wondered about FOC or hoped for a nomination to membership,
this is a good opportunity to meet the FOC members and possibly become
nominated later on.  (However, it is considered bad form to actually
overtly ask for a nomination.)  A lot of new members first become known
by participating in these open events.  No formal scoring or logs except
to send the total number of QSOs by e-mail to KZ5D.  Non members work
only FOC members and QSO each station once per band.

Hope everyone has a nice week and weekend.  I know I am going to have
one with my TH6 working again.  73, John, K4BAI.