[SECC] Callsigns

Subject: [SECC] Callsigns
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:06:53 -0400
On May 26, 2009, at 12:32 PM, Hal Kennedy wrote:

> N4GG or NN4GG?  Based on years past I don?t think many folks came
> looking for me just for the NN4 prefix.  Anyone got an opinion??

NN4 is pretty unusual. While AA4 is pretty common, it much more rare
today than 20 years ago, since most people have upgraded to vanity
calls with W, K or N. But I've never found any advantage to the AA4
prefix in WPX. You'd be a different multiplier, but in WPX multipliers
are pretty much rate-based anyway. Work 'em quickly enough, and you
end up getting lots of them.

You're probably better off with the N4, but running the NN4 might be
fun, anyway. I doubt it will have any effect on your score. Your choice.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901