[SECC] Wierd Issue with Signalink USB

Subject: [SECC] Wierd Issue with Signalink USB
From: kd4lcr at gmail.com (Jeremy - KD4LCR)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 14:42:42 -0600
Gents,

Got a strange one want to see if any of you have any ideas on it. Was doing
amazing on 20m for the RTTY contest kept pulling them in left and right was
about 50 qso's in for the first hour when I decided to take it down to 40m
to see what the condx looked like down there, get down there make my first
QSO - the whole time the rig is beeping like it has some excess RF in it.
Well thinking that it may be an issue on that freq I moved much higher and
answered a CQ. As soon as I did this the radio (an FT897D) shut down beeped
and reset completely. This locked up N1MM logger so restarted everything
came back online ready to get back into it. Opened up N1MM and it keeps
telling me that couldn't open Com 3 (the SignalLink USB) after several
minutes of checking I realize that the reason it cant open it is there is no
longer  a COM3 showing. The Signalink isn't creating a COM Port. I check and
it is in fact still making the Audio CODECs so I can still listen with it
just cant cause it to transmit anything. I have beat my head against the
wall for a while now trying to get it figured out and cannot come up with a
solution or fix.

I have brough my old Donner interface online and went ahead and choked the
CAT cable for safety worked a few more on 40m with no problems at all but I
am still stuck with a dead signalink. Anyone ever seen anything like this or
have any suggestions on what I can do to fix it? And I am very certain the
hours off are going to hurt my final score majorly but such is life when the
station takes a dump on you.. hi hi

Jeremy

N4JIK formerly KD4LCR/7J6CEM

Fort Sill, OK