[SECC] [SEDXC] K4TWJ Silent Key Info from CQ Magazine

Subject: [SECC] [SEDXC] K4TWJ Silent Key Info from CQ Magazine
From: mallphin at aol.com (mallphin at aol.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:26:39 EST
Dave and I got licensed in B'ham about the same time in late 1957 or early
1958.  Our little group of K4UPL (now W4ALA), K4SSB, K4HPR, and a  few
others were all budding DXers.
We were all running 50-100w to minimal antennas.  I will never forget  when
Dave worked a VK on 40m CW.  We were all amazed and encouraged to try  the
"low Bands".  I soon found that I could even work Europe on 80m  with a
dipole and a DX-40....all because Dave showed it could be done.
He went on to impact many lives in this wonderful hobby.  May he Rest  in
Peace!
Bob-K4UEE