[SECC] Question about raising a 90' (maybe shorter) tilt-over aluminum t

Subject: [SECC] Question about raising a 90' (maybe shorter) tilt-over aluminum tower
From: ironbutttad at yahoo.com (Tad Williamson)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:56:51 -0700 (PDT)
I've been exploring the possibilities of putting up a Universal?90' aluminum
tower that tilts over at the base.? This won't happen for a while, but I am
thinking about this for my property out near Eatonton.? The plan for this
particular tower will be to add a horizontal "X" at the top for a capacitance
hat and shunt feed it for a transmit antenna on 160 meters.
Universal's 2-90 tower weighs 259 lbs and add a few lbs for the cap hat and it
should be under 270 lbs total.
Anyway, over the last few days I've been trying to figure out how to raise a
tower like this.? I know once the shunt is in place, a crane can be brought out
and the tower raised and it probably wouldn't need to be lowered/raised much
after that.?
But I started reading about the "falling derrick" method of raising towers and
masts and thought it might work, but I couldn't find any formulas to figure out
the height of the derrick, length of the ropes/cables and distances between
components.
Does anyone have experience with this and/or formulas to calculate the
lengths/values?
?
Thanks, 73, Tad, WF4W

"What a long, strange trip it's been"