[SECC] SC QSO Party (changes coming)

Subject: [SECC] SC QSO Party (changes coming)
From: toddatkins at gmail.com (Todd Atkins)
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:57:23 -0400
Ralph, John, thanks for the input. I'd be very much interested any
further ideas you have. As for the rules, I can't see a scenario where
the current ones last beyond the upcoming contest this September. I'm
working on an outline now with proposed changes and I'll post it up
and solicit some input once it's complete.

I haven't yet done any research on dates to move the contest but I
think this is a situation that would benefit from a shorter contest
period and I also tend to lean towards an 10-12 hour contest starting
around 2 local time (I really like the NAQPs for this reason also) so
that one has the opportunity to work both the high and the low bands.

For promotion, that is something that seems to be sorely lacking and
which also will be addressed. I've already been kicking around some
website ideas and have a domain name ready to go but don't want to get
too far down that road until the new rules and dates are finalized.

Of course, I have to get approval from the sponsor club for any of
these changes but I don't think that will be a huge issue since they
recognize that the SCQP isn't what it should be.

Thanks,
-Todd/KN4QD