[SECC] NCJ NA Sprint Teams for this Saturday Night

Subject: [SECC] NCJ NA Sprint Teams for this Saturday Night
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:20:59 -0400
This Saturday night local time, 00-04Z Sunday, will be the running of
the September NCJ North American Sprint Contest on CW.  Anybody
interested in joining me on a team?  We can have up to ten members on a
team.  We can probably accommodate anybody subscribed to the SECC and
ACG reflectors and your friends.  It would be nice to have a lot of
activity in our part of the country and have a team to contribute points
for.

The exchange is both calls, QSO#, name, and SPC for NA stations and "DX"
for stations outside US (there won't be many).  Bands are 20, 40, and
80.  Activity generally starts on 20 with SO2R stations starting on 20
and 40.  There are QSY rules.  You must QSY 5 kHz after a QSO that you
solicited (by CQ or QRZ) to call CQ again or one kHz to call another
station.  You may run either HP, LP, or QRP.  Many of the best CW ops in
the country will be QRV.  If you are not up to their speed, you can
still have fun by calling CQ NA on a quiet frequency near one side of
the activity and then move to the other side for a new CQ and back and
forth.  This is real good training and fun besides.

Let me know if you can be QRV for this event and wish to be on a team.

I will register the team(s) before the start of the contest.  I will
need to know both your own call and any other call that you will use in
a contest, such as K4BAI signing W4AN.  But, don't be misled.  I plan to
use "K4BAI" myself in this one.

Let's get up at least one team from AL, GA, SC, and our other members
and friends.

73, John, K4BAI.