[SECC] Monthly Newsletter - VE7ZO

Subject: [SECC] Monthly Newsletter - VE7ZO
From: ve7zo at hotmail.com (Jim Roberts)
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 14:31:57 +0000
Fellow Contesters,

The temperatures are dropping, the shadows are getting longer and the fall
contest season is in the air.  What a great time!  With the rising solar flux,
10M is finally coming to life and hopefully the available high band spectrum
will relieve some of the pressures on the low bands.  This will be especially
fun for those with modest stations who can now be competitive with the big guns
and hopefully stimulate and encourage contesting with a new generation.

During the upcoming contest season, I will be putting out a monthly newsletter
to highlight activities of our SECC members.  The purpose will be to inform and
support our club members about operating plans, antenna projects and special
events.  So, what are your plans for October?  Also, we have highly skilled
members amongst our club who share their knowledge at various meetings ? any
papers or presentations being given?  Are there any out of region contesters
traveling through our circle that the members would like to meet?

Please drop me a note if you have any activity that you would like to share
with the club.  My contact information is ve7zo at hotmail.com or I?m also
available at 608-346-2193.

vy 73,

Jim VE7ZO