[SECC] 20M QRP Fox Hunt Tonight

Subject: [SECC] 20M QRP Fox Hunt Tonight
From: k4bai at att.net (John Laney)
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 15:30:38 -0400
For those in the NCCC NS, this is a good time for a reminder that it is
QRP tonight and includes 15M.  So, possibility of 2 hours of QRP fun
tonight.

73, John, K4BAI.

Hello all:  Please forgive the late posting.  I was hoping to know who
the other Fox was when I posted my message.  W0EA has reported he is
unavailable to be a Fox tonight and I assume a substitution has been
made, but I don't know who it is yet.

I will be one of the two QRP Foxes tonight on 20M.  14050 to 14070 kHz.
  0200-0330 UTC Friday (9 to 10:30 PM EDT Thursday).  I will be running
5W to my FT1000MP and using my TH6DXX triband yagi at about 55 feet up.
  I will start off split listening up one or 1 1/2 kHz.  When the pile
up dies down, I will stop sending "UP" and will be listening simplex.

Band conditions on 20M at these hours have been very good the past week
or so with good signals from most of the USA.  My exchange will be real
RST, GA, JOHN, 5W.  You will send me RST, SPC, Name, Power.  Run no more
than 5W and work only the two foxes.

If you can't hear the foxes at first, keep checking back, as band
conditions and beam directions change.  Try not to give up until the
session is over.

I hope to work many of you tonight.  Good luck.  73/72, John, K4BAI.