[SECC] SECC - GCG

Subject: [SECC] SECC - GCG
From: ve7zo at hotmail.com (Jim Roberts)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:58:19 +0000
Hello SECC members:

You should be aware that a number of members and former members of SECC
have formed a new contest club, Georgia Contest Group (GCG) and have
begun submitting scores for that club. GCG has elected the ARRL Section
of Georgia as its geographical area for ARRL contests rather than the
175 mile radius circle that SECC uses. GCG will use a 275 kilometer
radius for CQ Contests. The center point will be near Macon and we
understand that it will include most of GA, but not all of one or both
of the far north corners of the state. This will enable W4DXX
(Bainbridge, GA)and others in GA, but outside the SECC circles to
participate in club competitions.

So far, GCG is using a mailing list and have decided for the present not
to have a club reflector, but they will have a webpage. We hope that
GCG members will continue to also belong to SECC and to submit scores
for SECC and participate on SECC teams in contests when they feel like
they can. There is no requirement that hams belong to only one contest
club. The GCG intends to have more meetings and social gatherings than
SECC has had in the past. Perhaps we can have some joint gatherings at
some time in the future.

Please understand that, while we as officers of SECC are disappointed
that we will not have the full participation of the GCG members at times
in the future, we will continue to encourage club aggregate score
participation and team participation and otherwise to encourage ham
radio contesting in the southeastern US. Our circles are shown on our
website and include most of GA, a part of east AL, most of SC, a part of
NC around Charlotte and Asheville, and just a bit of FL north of
Jacksonville.

If any of you are invited and want to join GCG, please understand that
we hope you will remain active with SECC and the SECC reflector also.

vy 73,

Jim Roberts  VE7ZO, President SECC
John Laney  K4BAI, Treasurer SECC
Mike Almeter  W4MJA, Secretary SECC