[SECC] SECC - GCG

Subject: [SECC] SECC - GCG
From: aa4ga at contesting.com (Lee Hiers)
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:55:05 -0400
On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 6:58 AM, Jim Roberts <ve7zo at hotmail.com> wrote:

So far, GCG is using a mailing list and have decided for the present not
> to have a club reflector,

Not sure what the difference is...

but they will have a webpage.

Got an URL for that?

We hope that
> GCG members will continue to also belong to SECC and to submit scores
> for SECC and participate on SECC teams in contests when they feel like
> they can. There is no requirement that hams belong to only one contest
> club.

That's certainly true, but I don't see how they can submit scores for both
GCG *and* SECC...

> The GCG intends to have more meetings and social gatherings than
> SECC has had in the past.

I know there has been a lot of talk about that sort of thing over the years
by folks who never got the organizational philosophy behind the SECC.
 Hopefully this group will fulfill their social needs.

we will continue to encourage club aggregate score
> participation and team participation

Which is the reason the SECC was started over 15 years ago!

73 de Lee
--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
www.aa4ga.com