[SECC] New Log Deadlines for CQ Contests

Subject: [SECC] New Log Deadlines for CQ Contests
From: thompson at mindspring.com (David Thompson)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 23:21:40 -0400
I agree with Lee AA4GA.  5 Days at this point will makr it tough.  I think 30
days is a good compromise.  G3XTT says this is a good way to eliminate the many
small logs so necessary to check the bigger logs.

I know from the CQ 160 Tests that many send in a log that rejects and only
about 50% check the reject message.  If I had not gone back to check several
large logs would not have made it.  I am betting many small logs still try to
home brew the cabrillo logs.

What about hams way from home for the contest or those who have a trip planned.

Lastly what about paper logs.  I know the number has dropped but a few are big
scores.

That is why I favor 30 days.

The next step would be 10 days.  To go to 5 days now would lower the number of
logs and drive away many casual operatorse depend on for our high scores.

73 Dave K4JRB