TRLog VS TOEC (round 2)

Subject: TRLog VS TOEC (round 2)
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 15:09:35 -0700 (PDT)

> Earlier  today I reported that TRLog did not pick up the multiplier
> totals for the TOEC contest this weekend. After some playing around I
> added the following line to logcfg.dat
>
> DOMESTIC MULTIPLIER = GRID SQUARES
>
> Once added ,TRLog correctly added and accounted for the multipliers
> in the TOEC contest. This fix seems to work for "DX" mults as well as
> "Domestic" mults for this contest. Tree I checked as far back as Version
> 5.63 and this "bug" existed at least that far back.

The TOEC was setup to use GRID FIELDS and I honestly can't find out
what the difference between a GRID FIELD and a GRID SQUARE is.  Maybe
someone out there remembers.

I found a "bug" where the GRID FIELDS may have been causing a problem.

> It was reported earlier that the most recent release of TRLogg (5.75)
> chews up memeory which seems to be the case in my "test log", and I know
> that TREE is working on this for the next release. My test log
> chewed up 25k of memory in just 13 QSO's. Tree, I guess I didnt save the
> prior message but I seem to remember that this is a recently introduced
> bug. How far back (release wise) do I go to get away from the memory
> problem for the time being? 5.72?

5.63 I think - but it will still chew up 25K with the same 13 QSOs.
This is normal (it stops chewing it up at such a fast rate afterwards).
It is just that you have more to start with.

Making progress on new name database.  Probably a week away still.

Tree