Correcting Callsign

Subject: Correcting Callsign
From: DKMC@chevron.com (MCCARTY, DAVID K. -DKMC)
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 1996 05:48:00 -0800
Dave is right.  Avoid fighting the program, just learn to correct the
call as you go.

If you get screwed up and end up not wanting the automatic send feature,
the Ctrl-\ key works for the second phase (log no CW logs the QSO
without sending the QSL message).  But it does not have a parallel
feature for the start phase (start the QSO).

There ought to be a way to do this.  Probably the easiest way would be
for the same key to do the job (ctrl-\).

There is another time when this is really needed: when you get the
program screwed up (either it fails or the power dips and your computer
is rebooting, etc.).  You keep on going with an outboard keyer and a
scratch pad while the computer is getting back to normal.  How do you
enter the two or three contacts you've made manually without having the
computer send redundant stuff on the air?

73
K5GN