Director of Strategic Planning

Subject: Director of Strategic Planning
From: DKMC@chevron.com (MCCARTY, DAVID K. -DKMC)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 03:23:00 -0800
>On Mon, 11 Nov 1996, Larry Tyree wrote:
>
>> I think most of you would rather have me continue to focus on what
>> happens during the contest instead of diluting my time with what
>> happens after it.
>
>You bet!

This statement is too broad, though I agree that other programs are
better for the task of keeping long term logs, doing QSLs, tracking
awards, etc.

Several post-contest tasks are germane (in fact, very important) to the
goals of contest software.  Real-time operating support and post-contest
reporting are both important.  The emphasis should be on real-time
support, but who better to provide the data crunching that we tend to
want/need (rate lists, summary sheets, band-hour breakdowns, etc.) than
the contest-savvy logging programmer?  Your time is certainly well spent
on what happens after the contest.

Isn't that why you call it POST?

Thanks, Tree.

Dave K5GN