Cntrl-\ in S&P mode

Subject: Cntrl-\ in S&P mode
From: smlondon@lucent.com (LondonSM)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 07:40:26 -0700
On Nov 22,  8:22am, Charlie Ocker wrote:
> I noticed with much dismay that v5.91 does not allow Cntrl-\ while in S&P
mode.
> (Cntrl-\ ==> "log without sending cw").  ARGGGGHHH!!!  I use this feature
alot,
> especially in daily logging!!
>
> I use TR for all my logging, not just contesting.  Many times (most), I leave
TR
> in S&P mode as I "casual" dx the bands.  I send mostly with the paddle in
these
> cases.  Cntrl-\ was a really neat feature...
>
> This is not a problem during contests, as I want the program to send all
> exchanges.  I use the paddles for fills, which is ok.
>
> How 'bout it, Tree?  Any chance of getting Cntrl-\ to work in S&P mode again?
>
> 73,
> Charlie  N9CO ocker@chasind.com
>
>-- End of excerpt from Charlie Ocker

After my experience this past weekend with TR 5.88, ctrl-\ needs to be replaced
with a single key push to log without sending CW.  There were too many times
where I wanted to S&P a station (probably on the 2nd radio) and didn't want to
be bothered with looking at the screen, putting TR in the S&P mode, and
pressing "Enter" - I simply grabbed the paddle and dumped in my call.  Hitting
ctrl-\ (or Alt-K) was a pain in the neck !  Give me a single key push to do the
same thing.

Steve, N2IC/0
smlondon@lucent.com