Cntrl-\ in S&P mode

Subject: Cntrl-\ in S&P mode
From: tree@lady.axian.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 08:30:36 -0800 (PST)
> > I noticed with much dismay that v5.91 does not allow Cntrl-\ while in S&P
> mode.
> > (Cntrl-\ ==> "log without sending cw").  ARGGGGHHH!!!  I use this feature
> alot,
> > especially in daily logging!!
> >
> > I use TR for all my logging, not just contesting.  Many times (most), I
> > leave
> TR
> > in S&P mode as I "casual" dx the bands.  I send mostly with the paddle in
> these
> > cases.  Cntrl-\ was a really neat feature...
> >
> > This is not a problem during contests, as I want the program to send all
> > exchanges.  I use the paddles for fills, which is ok.
> >
> > How 'bout it, Tree?  Any chance of getting Cntrl-\ to work in S&P mode
> > again?

Control-\ and Control-Enter will work in S&P mode in the next release.
For both sending your call and sending your report.

> After my experience this past weekend with TR 5.88, ctrl-\ needs to be
> replaced
> with a single key push to log without sending CW.  There were too many times
> where I wanted to S&P a station (probably on the 2nd radio) and didn't want to
> be bothered with looking at the screen, putting TR in the S&P mode, and
> pressing "Enter" - I simply grabbed the paddle and dumped in my call.  Hitting
> ctrl-\ (or Alt-K) was a pain in the neck !  Give me a single key push to do
> the
> same thing.

Perhaps I will make it one of the commands you can program a function
key to perform.  This might be tricky - but I will see.  Also, you may
find that with more comfort with the program will have you grabbing
the key less often.

Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com