TR Overlay

Subject: TR Overlay
From: ai7b@teleport.com (Bob Wruble)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 17:04:40 -0800
I see merit in using different color and mebbe even font size for the
nr box..
my old eyes have trouble locking back on the nr box on fone and i
often
stumble on the exchange as a result......

i have asked tree abt doing this but so far he has not gotten to
it....he did
however think it was doable and wud look into........  im surprised
that you
have not interfaced ur radios to the sw....that eliminates the issue
cuz the sw t5racks the radio and vice--versa but gess u are wking on
the that....

73 de gg

----------
> From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
> To: tree@lady.axian.com; trlog@contesting.com
> Subject: TR Overlay
> Date: Thursday, November 21, 1996 10:53 AM
>
> Tree,
>
> I know that the basic template overlay for TRLog has remained the
same almost
> since its inception.  Do you have any plans to change it?
>
> I would like to see the current band column as close as possible to
the
> callsign and/or exchange fields.  I'm looking for an FT-1000 or
Omni 6, which
> will track band changes automatically with the software, but I will
still
> have one radio that will not provide band data to the program.
>
> I often find myself concentrating so hard on typing in the call and
the
> exchange information that I often miss the fact that I haven't
changed bands
> on the computer.  Ideally, I'd like to see the band in use
immediately to the
> left of the callsign, highlighted in a different color than the
rest of the
> log information.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to see the band in use column moved directly to
the right
> of the callsign field, prior to exchange info.  That way, after
you've typed
> in the callsign, you can quickly confirm the band being used.  Band
changes
> would be made as normal, and the cursor would skip across the band
column
> from the callsign field to the exchange field.  I realize that the
log
> information is currently in a format that is required for
electronic log
> submission, but swapping the columns could probably be done in a
POST