5.93 crashes

Subject: 5.93 crashes
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 22:54:28 -0600 (CST)
>Hi George. I'm having trouble with crashes still, whether I'm running
>simulator or not. Been practicing using WPX simulator and it crashes all of
>sudden. Now I'm trying Stew Perry "real time" (no simulator) and it
>crashes. The error message is:
>runtime error 200  at 234A:70E6 everytime it crashes. I'm running in DOS
>mode (F8 at startup), shut down to DOS, ...everyway I can think of. I have
>deleted and re-installed a few times. Here is a copy of my LOGCFG file
and

I do not know why it crashes but I do now know how to fix it.
I am sure that Tree can figure this out - and it may have something
to do with the way that the program caculates distances and
points using grid squares.  In the european vhf contests they
use 6 digit grids - and the caculation is done down to one
kilometer.

Anyway - to fix your problem just enter all six char. of
your grid square (ie. fn22ab) if you dont know the last
two then just enter fn22ab or something similar as it will
not make a diffrence to the scoring of the 160 contest this weekend
and it will make the program work.

BTW - If you use fn21 it works fine - but for whatever reason
fn22 by itself does not work.

Sorry for trouble.

Now your problems with the WPX - can you send me that LOGCFG.DAT
and describe your problem again.

Thanks

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "Where is the line noise?" -Trey N5KO