[TRLog] V5.99 Lockup

Subject: [TRLog] V5.99 Lockup
From: sm3ojr@pobox.com (Jonathan Silvergran, SM3OJR)
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 05:02:21 +0100
>> Two times during the ARRL DX Phone Contest, TR locked up.  It basically
>> "froze" and did not follow any changes made to the rig (band/mode), nor
>> would it respond to keyboard commands.  I had to shut it down and reboot.

The same thing happened a couple of times at SL3ZV during the ARRL DX. We
had two machines connected, but this problem occurred on one of the computers
only. (386SX/16)  I first thought it had something to do with RF sneaking into
the computer, but it locked up a few times even with a ton of ferrites added
to each and every one of the cables to/from the "mainframe".

BTW, the propagagation locked up on us too. We made only 1020 QSO's over the
entire weekend, and only ONE QSO the first 8 hours !!

73 and keep up the good work!

Jon, sm3ojr

E-mail: sm3ojr@pobox.com
Packet: sm3ojr@sk3jr.osd.z.swe.eu