[TRLog] Ver 6.05 Questions

Subject: [TRLog] Ver 6.05 Questions
From: n4si@pobox.com (n4si@pobox.com)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 01:40:43 +0000

> Still haven't been able to make the program work with my PK232.
> The ROM version for the PK is Dec 88. I may have a problem
> with the PK itself because I cannot change the setup to anything
> else other than 9600-8-N-1 (except 1200-7-E-2 [I think]) when using
> Procomm. Every time I enter the "*" the lit LED moves over one to
> the left {BAUDOT-ASCII-FEC-...} instead of lighting up on PKT. Any
> ideas? I will, when I get a chance, see if I can use my PK88.

Using ProComm set up on 1200 E 7. Set the paramater AUTOBaud to ON
(the default is OFF). Then you should be able to use the "*" on
startup. Keep in mind that unlike Brand C in which you specify the
baud rate, TRLog is polling and looking for data rate, it may not
pick up on the PK's autobaud detect. You may need to manually (from
ProComm) set the PK to 4800 N 8, then try TRLog.

Note to Nino (IK8ENH):

Because of this polling, 4800 is the max rate that TRLog can use for
packet interface. This is the way I understood Larry's explanation;
he can correct me if I have it wrong.

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996