[TRLog] Re: Polling

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Polling
From: merchant@silcom.com (Stephen Merchant)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 19:14:34 -0700
>I am not aware of any real performance impacts of running at 4800
>baud instead of 9600 baud.  Probably the port that is affected by
>this the most is the multi network - but I believe there is plenty
>of bandwidth there for any real configuration.

Absolutely no observed performance problems running packet at 4800 while
also running 7 computer network.  Also ran the network simulator with seven
machines each sending cw at 99 wpm and did not drop a single packet in over
30 minutes of testing.  This was at N6RO while setting up for AE0M m/m WPX
SSB this year.

73, Steve K6AW