[TRLog] Wish list

Subject: [TRLog] Wish list
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR97BrettGraham)
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 04:09:32 +0000
Ever since Tree did whatever he did that sorted my machine's serial port
problems - a beast which is to the computing world as S56A's Chrysler is to
motoring - I figured I'd best keep my mouth shut... but I can't help myself.

The following points have been discussed directly with Tree before, but
have somehow missed the list.  While one is just a bug, the other two are
more substantial & may stand a better chance of happening if others feel
they would be neat to have - hence my posting it to the group.

 - POST thinks JIDX uses ITU zones instead of prefectures.

 - Somehow make the sub-rx of radios with them (TS-950/FT-1000/etc) a virtual
   second radio.  Imagine running on the main VFO & being able to load the
   band map while S&Ping on the sub, but without having to swap VFOs & switch
   to S&P mode first before entering the call, etc.  I wouldn't get too
carried
   away with this, but it would be nice to get some use of the sub-RX without
   looking like a one-armed wallpaper hanger...

 - Allow mults in General QSO, if only DXCC countries.  While I don't give a
   hoot about DXCC, I must admit I like to pretend they're mults & bounce
folks
   up & down the bands while watching the numbers spin.  You can turn mults on
   now, but you trash names & QTHs as a result.

73, VR97BrettGraham