[TRLog] Field Day

Subject: [TRLog] Field Day
From: swca@ionet.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:48:11 -0500 (CDT)
>Incidentally, to stir the pot a little, that's why, as far as I'm
>concerned, no matter how much contesters might get their start in
>contesting at FD, and no matter how competitive some people might get
>at FD (all that's good, by the way), it still can't be considered a
>contest if they don't even accept logs to check.

Given how well the ARRL checks the logs of some of the other contests, you
might be able to make this case for other events as well.

Repeat after me:  "The station with the highest score in Field Day is the
most prepared to handle the most traffic during an emergency."  I think this
is probably accurate.

Consider the pot stirred.  I apologize for biting at this tangent, but I
couldn't keep quiet.  I know it's a wayeard thread and I don't see a need to
get into it.

Mark, N5OT