[TRLog] Computer Problem

Subject: [TRLog] Computer Problem
From: kb2hun@wizvax.net (William Liporace)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 05:58:46 -0400 (EDT)
I did figure out that my interface works just fine.  I now know it is a
serial port problem.  The PC is a Dell 210.  An older 286 with a small IDE
drive.  Packet works fine on LOGPlus, but it seems to hang on TR.  If I
hit the backspace key, info will pop up.  It almost seems like it is
recieving a character from the computer and holding the information.

The radio will will not work on either program.  Both programs will allow
me to send a freq, band, or mode, but the radio will not tell the computer
where it is.  It almost seems like some thing is stopping info.

I have not tried to sow the baud rates.  I do have it set for 4800.  Most
machines seem to well at that speed.  Am I missing something, is there a
bottle neck??  Am I asking to much of this computer?   Any ideas or
suggestions would be helpful :-)
73 es TNX Will

William Liporace KB2HUN          kb2hun@wizvax.net
763 Huntingdon Drive             KB2HUN @ K2TR (yccc packet cluster)
Niskayuna, NY 12309              KB2HUN @ WA2PVV (NEDA)
518-346-3804 home                518-471-2837 work