[TRLog] Kantronics TNC parameters with TR Log

Subject: [TRLog] Kantronics TNC parameters with TR Log
From: n7us@mci2000.com (Jim McDonald N7US)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 22:14:44 -0700
There have been notes on the reflector about problems connecting
Kantronics TNCs for use with TR Log.  I didn't see a parameter for my
KAM Plus (7.0) equivalent to AEA's AWLEN that can select 7-bit or 8-bit
data.  I couldn't get sustained good results with the EIGHT BIT PACKET
PORT = TRUE command, which I suspect is because TR is set to 2 stop bits
instead of 1 with that command.

Anyway, I received the following note from Kantronics which I thought
may be of interest.  I've tried it and stayed connected to my
PacketCluster node (actually also at my house - with an RF connection)
for a couple days with no problem.

BTW, for general use with the KAM Plus I use KAWin
(http://www.sni.net/kawin/), which is a Windows program that I like very
much.  Though that program prefers to leave the KAM in host mode, it
takes just a bit of extra time for KAWin to load when I set the program
to leave the KAM in terminal mode, which makes TR Log (and DX4WIN)
happy.  I also set KAWin to use 7-bit with no stop bits, consistent with
the PARITY EVEN setting explained below.

Jim N7US
Albuquerque, NM