[TRLog] Interesting CW Technique

Subject: [TRLog] Interesting CW Technique
From: swca@ionet.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:31:44 -0600
Jim - KK7A, said:

>Would you guys think it was cool if TR had parameters you could set such as:
>
>MIN CW RUN SPEED = 27
>MAX CW RUN SPEED = 40
>CW RUN SPEED THRESHOLD = 80
>
>The CW RUN SPEED THRESHOLD would be the rate in number of contacts per
hour before TR would start to increase the speed toward the maximum.

>Maybe a silly idea since you can just hit the Page Up key to increase the
speed manually.

I don't think this is a silly idea at all.

I use this technique sometimes, and it sounds like a good idea, but how
would The Program know when to revert back to the slower setting?  I would
go nuts if The Program decided to drop my speed by about 12 WPM when I
wasn't expecting it!  I am very happy with how flexible The Program is at
present (regarding CW speed) with one exception (and, of course, I say this
without R'ing TFM, and it could be different by now):  I would rather have
the increment of CW speed user defined - 3 WPM is too great a step for my
taste, and PgUp-PgDn is much easier than typing in the speed by hand.

Mark, N5OT

P.S.  If indeed this has been changed, only one RTFM response is required,
thanks.