[TRLog] Re: TenTec Titan Keying

Subject: [TRLog] Re: TenTec Titan Keying
From: v31ry@ix.netcom.com (AE0Q V31RY)
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 10:08:31 -0700
At 00:08 08-02-98 -0500, KI7Y wrote:
>Can anybody help me get back to high power with computer logging?  I was
>all set to do the CW sprint as a high power entrant.  Wen I tried to key
>the Titan all I got was nothing.  I am using the standard transistor keying
>circuit with the TR Log program.

  You might want to use an optically-isolated keying circuit for keying the
amp and/or rig..  The circuit on my web pages will work for both the PTT and
CW keyline output from TRLog..

http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/contest/opto_key.htm

  The pinouts are for the CW keyline, just change them accordingly to use a
second one for the PTT output..  I build them on a small piece of perfboard
right in the DB-25 connector shell..

73  --  Glenn
 Another month ends...   All targets met, all systems
 working, all customers satisfied, all staff eager and
 enthusiastic.    All pigs fed and ready to fly.

     AE0Q / V31RY           ex: GM5BKC, ZB2WZ, SV0WY, WA0VPK
  v31ry@ix.netcom.com    --SOWP 5558-M, QCWA LM, ARRL LM, NCVA--
http://www.qsl.net/ae0q/