[TRLog] OT's 2 cents

Subject: [TRLog] OT's 2 cents
From: swca@ionet.net (swca@ionet.net)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 00:18:32 -0600 (CST)

And somebody who couldn't see the emperor's clothes said:
>Is it time to look at giving the window some brains for corrected
>info?

Add me to the list, Tree.  I, TOO, hope it is time to fix this little
discomfort of TRlog.  I've grown so complacent, I just click over and make
corrections, but it would be really nice to know that some call I've already
worked in the past couple hours on a different band is likely to be a
no-brainer right now.

Also about Phil's suggestion - 'if all you did to the call field was to take
off the "?" TR should then treat it like nothing was ever wrong with it' - I
like this.

About this talk of the program slowing you down, I don't buy it.  I think if
using TR is slower for you than NOT using TR, I would suggest you are not
familiar enough with the program OR you just don't operate the same way Tree
does (which you might want to reconsider - he was winning before he began
programming).  I find it to be a brilliant melding of mind and machine -
which is a credit to its design.  From what I remember of the other
programs, they're basically glorified databases.  TR is SMART.

I will confess that it's tough (FOR ME) to operate without occasionally
relying on my own paddle to get sorted out.  That is why you can alt-K to
kill the CW (and it turns on again automatically afterward) and you can "log
it anyway" (control-\).  A quick control-N and you can leave yourself a note
about how to fix it later.  Hit <return> after the note and type in the next
guy calling you, without missing a beat.  Nothing slow about it, even if you
did get totally screwed up.

I could not work guys as fast without this program - and still read my
writing (or keep track of my mults).  I know this SOUNDS like flag-waving,
but hey, it's TRUE.

Hard to imagine we used to do this with a pencil and paper.

That's about enough for now.

Mark, N5OT