[TRLog] Run Mode Question

Subject: [TRLog] Run Mode Question
From: bills@techna.com (Bill Scholz)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 09:12:40 -0800
Steve,

I wrestled with the same situation myself... including trying all the
scenarios you describe... here's what I finally came up with that seemed to
work fairly well....

Copy what you can into the call window with question mark(s). Hit return,
send contents of call window and your exchange... then copy call and
incoming exchange into the exchange window... but don't hit return. If you
don't get it all then just keep sending "?" or "AGN" (with F keys) or
pleading nicely with paddles until you do get it... with all modifications
made in exchange window, then a return to log and send QSL message....

The big advantage I found was that it kept me from shifting back and forth
between call and exchange windows and losing track of exactly where I was.
Once in a while, I'd get totally messed up, log the Q with a partial and
put a note (CNTL-N) in right away and go back and fix it later....

>(this happens
>frequently running EU from Left Coast) and during the last transmission
>from this station, he gets fed up with the endless fills and includes his
>exchange information.

Heard you guys a lot--- must be nice to be able to run EU.... I was just
content to run Asia!

73,

Bill, W1HIJ
(Newport Beach, CA)